Sales Executive/Business Development Representative
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sales Executive - BDR to join the sales team in our Sydney Office to help continue the strong growth of the business, by generating leads by prospecting.
Who We Are
Our mission is to make business more human. We are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia and a global messaging provider that enables businesses to build long-term relationships with customers through the power of conversation. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online messaging platform focusing on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Cold calling prospects across APAC, qualifying business needs and discussing value of Burst SMS use-cases and benefits. KPIs include 50-80 calls daily to prospects and passing 5 qualified meetings per week.
- Passing qualified leads to BDMs and setting appointments for follow-up calls.
- Learn the Burst SMS platform products, processes, features, benefits, pricing & market conditions inside and out. Includes gain ing a high level of knowledge on Telco carrier networks and message termination of SMS, MMS and TCS messaging, as well as early insights into social platform messaging.
- Build, develop and maintain a healthy new business lead pipeline.
- Quote & discuss pricing/options for both new inbound leads and existing customers as required.
- Learn and pitch suggested up sells, value add ideas & micro strategies to businesses customers to increase volume and participation on the platform
- Conduct product demos, articulate Burst’s value propositions, build rapport and nurture high quality leads through to paid customers
- Provide overflow support as needed for other BDM’s, Account Managers and Sales Manager.
- Ensure all data capture and logging processes are adhered to and always up to date.
Skills, Experience and Qualities
These skills are core to this role:
- A solid understanding of Technology, the Web, apps, IT, systems, telephony etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience ideally within ICT, SaaS, or related Tech Business Sales, Lead Gen or Account Management.
- Demonstrable high performance results for previous employers in client facing roles.
- Demonstrable commercial discussion & conversion skills.
- Confidence, conviction and comfort in conversations with business owners, marketing managers and IT managers.
- Ability to handle and process a large number of leads through structure, process and determination.
- Get up and go attitude is essential for this role.
- Good mathematical & process flow skills.
- A strong personal interest in all things technology and a high conviction view on trends in the market.
- An entrepreneurial and self- starter mindset is highly regarded.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core mindsets:
- Think with empathy
- Bring your secret sauce
- Break stuff until it work
- Simplify everything
- Ship it real good
Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change.
And in case you’re wondering what sort of tools we work with, we utilise a modern stack including GSuite, Asana, Confluence, Zoom and many others that enable working from home effortlessly.
Opportunity and Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business, and you will be part of a dynamic and innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through.
The company also has a generous ESOP that all staff benefit from - we all succeed together.
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: