We’re looking for a well organised, intelligent and curious go-getter to join our team and help support the company as we rapidly scale our operations. You’re someone who is passionate about technology and how technology companies operate to succeed. You’re interested in business performance analysis and want to be close to the action to see your recommendations take immediate shape. And you like a diversity of problems to solve ranging from business performance to information security.
Who We Are
Our mission is to make business more human. We are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia and a global messaging provider that enables businesses to build long-term relationships with customers through the power of conversation. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online messaging platform focusing on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Manila, and Vancouver.
What could this look like day-to-day?
Day to day you’ll be working directly to the Operations Director delivering key business programs across privacy and information security, cross-business performance-related initiatives and supporting with key corporate governance, business performance and stakeholder engagement programs.
Information Security Program Management
- ISO 27001 Program Management
- IT Security Questionnaires and stakeholder queries
- SOC 2 Type 2 compliance program management
- Ownership over internal IT infrastructure and program management for onboarding/offboarding/security functions
Cross-Business Special Projects
- Productivity and efficiency projects
- Implementation of new cross-business tech stacks
- Office refurbishments, etc
Providing support across key business programs
- Stakeholder relations
- Corporate governance
- Business planning and execution, including business-wide monitoring and evaluation
Skills, Experience and Qualities
- Degree qualified in IT and/or accounting or similar, or you have a demonstrated strong knowledge base in IT, auditing and project/program management.
- Experience in: Project / Program Management, Business Development or business strategy as a Senior Analyst or Adviser.
- Strong self-starter, able to meet deadlines and with exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to be versatile and action-oriented.
- Demonstrated analytical skills along with highly tuned business acumen and strategic thinking
- Highly tuned influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Ability to anticipate issues and develop sound issue management mitigation strategies
- Ability to interpret & present complex information in concise ways
You might have some years of experience as an operations specialist or you might have just closed down a business you founded – or neither one of those but you still match the criteria above. We hire for strengths, not lack of weaknesses – so if you feel like we’re describing you, we want to hear from you no matter your background.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core mindsets: Think with empathy, Bring your secret sauce, Break stuff until it works, Simplify everything, Ship it real good. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
And in case you’re wondering what sort of tools we work with, we utilise a modern stack including GSuite, Asana, Confluence, Zoom and many others that enable working from home very nicely.
Opportunity and Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business, and you will be part of a dynamic and innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through.
The company also has a generous ESOP that all staff benefit from - we all succeed together.
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: