We are looking for a Conversion Copywriter with previous experience in one of the following industries: Tech/SAAS, Retail/E-commerce, Health, Telecommunications, or Finance. This individual should be an experienced copywriter with an interest in content strategy. They will write copy for and assist with making quality checks across all our websites, emails, and other marketing funnels. They will report to our Content Manager, and work closely with our Sr. SEO Specialist.
They will be joining a versatile marketing team of designers, marketing specialists, strategic thinkers, and dedicated department-level developers. There will also be opportunities to work on special first to market projects, and to participate in multiple branding projects across our other businesses.
Who We Are
Our mission is to make business more human. We are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia and a global messaging provider that enables businesses to build long-term relationships with customers through the power of conversation. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online messaging platform focusing on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada or Australia. Candidates residing in Vancouver or Sydney will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time.
Your main responsibilities will include:
60%: Copywriting and Editing
- Write copy for our websites, emails, reports and guides, and more
- Write 2 blog articles per month
- Add or optimise at least 2 web pages per month
- Assist with launching email campaigns and expanding our content pipeline
30%: Inbound Marketing/Conversion Enhancements
- Discover and action inbound opportunities in collaboration with our Sr. SEO Specialist and Content Manager
- Be vocal about flags in abnormal analytic trends, and pivot quickly to new solutions
- Present monthly updates
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 2 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
Skills, Experience and Qualities
- 3+ years of experience as a copywriter with a focus on conversion, with a portfolio that shows your best work
- A keen eye for detail
- An absolute shark with a red pen. You’ve found all the errors in this job ad already.
- Expert knowledge of high ROI web design
- Advanced email automation knowledge
- Genuine passion for the mobile marketing and messaging space
- A strategic mindset
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Hand-on experience using advanced CRM software such as Marketo, Hubspot, Oracle, Salesforce, Keap, Campaign Monitor, or Active Campaign
- Experience working in a SAAS or tech environment is ideal
- Existing knowledge of SMS marketing
We are curious individuals who believe in five core mindsets: Think with empathy, Bring your secret sauce, Break stuff until it works, Simplify everything and Ship it real good. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change.
And in case you’re wondering what sort of tools we work with, we utilise a modern stack including GSuite, Asana, Confluence, Zoom and many others that enable working from home effortlessly.
Opportunity and Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company-wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- Wework membership + private office access at 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days.
- Working hours:
- Canadian candidates: Monday-Friday
(10am-6:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 12am-8:30pm, 1pm-9:30pm, PST time, Off: Canadian Holidays)
- Australian candidates: Monday-Friday
(8am-4:30pm, AEST time, Off: Australian Holidays)
- Canadian candidates: Monday-Friday
- Location: Canada or Australia
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: